play online poker

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Thank You!

I just wanted to say, thank you so much for all of the comments and emails I have received over the last few days. Its pretty amazing how people who I have never met are saying good luck and get well soon. I really appreciate all of the well wishes and its definitely keeping me in a nice positive mood.

When you think about poker players, you essentially have a bunch of lone rangers all playing for themselves, using their own skill and mental powers to go to war and out wit other players at the table. Its not a team event, you can’t get an assist for taking down a pot and you certainly don’t have half time team talks to stop everyone going on tilt!

However off the table I think poker players are probably the friendliest bunch of people you can find. Every time I meet a fellow player they are always easy to talk to and game for a laugh. Maybe its because every player knows that when they meet a kindred spirit they have something in common that they could talk about and discuss for hours on end without ever getting tired. And if, unexpectedly they do bore of talking about poker, their new found friend is more than likely up for some friendly wagering on random surrounding events – after all, all players have that gamble in them!!

So, again thank you all for the support, but don’t think I’ll go easy on you, nor would I expect you to offer me a hand if we meet over the green baize!

On another front, I have the results of all my recent tests and apart from the cancer I don’t have any other problems. That is a huge relief as even discounting the cancer itself Chemo is so destructive and nasty its important to be as healthy as possible to pull through and recover as quickly as possible. So fab news there, and a sigh of relief!

Update 19:01, 01/14/07 - Must enter tournament!

As if The Main read my mind about how poker players seem to look out for another, this guy is going to run a tournament where he puts up his own winnings!! Think about it for a minute, The Main, a poker pro, is going to grind his way through April, playing thousands of hands for hours and hours, with the goal of posting some pretty decent numbers, and is then going to offer part of his winnings to whoever can take down his tournament!! How about that!! They do say that money won is sweeter then money earned, so let The Main earn the money and then you can win it off him!!

You can check out the details here

Wombol

2 comments:

Johnny Smack said...

Good luck with your poker and battle against cancer.

I have added you to my blog at http://zerobank.blogspot.com/

Like you im pretty new to this blog thinggy and hope u will consider adding me to yours.

Anyway I will be following your blog.

GL Mate
Johnny, Denmark.

Short-Stacked Shamus said...

Glad to hear the good news re: the tests. I agree w/you about poker players hangin' together -- a nice bunch of overlapping communities out there. Fun to be part of it.