play online poker

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Relegation 6 pointer

Today is a huge day for me. Today, my football team, Charlton Athletic, take on Sheffield United in a game, that if won by a team, will more then likely secure their survival in the premiership for another season.

For those of you not familiar with BOTTOM of the Premiership table it currently looks like this;

A win for Charlton will see them move to 35 points and potentially move as high as 15th dependent on results aand goal difference in other games. A loss will set them at least 3 points off the pace dependent on results with only 3 games left to turn that around. Not good news.

Unfortunately I can't watch the game, its not on TV and I couldn't get tickets so my phone will be my connection while I'm out and about today. Fingers crossed!!

My sister bought be Fight Night Round 3 the other day for my PS3 and finally played it yesterday, it had sat on my tv for a week without being opened!! Wow, its brilliant, so realistic. No energy bars or Had-o-kens, just proper brawling. Managed to take down my first fight as Jake LaMotta then got a bit cocky and set Jow Frazier (Heavy Weight) against some small Feather Weight guy and lost!! I'm currently building my own Butterball fighter to take online and whack a few losers with!!

Thats about all for today, Come on you Reds, do me proud!

Wombol

9 comments:

GWC said...

Good luck to Charlton today.

Fight Night 3 is a blast, a superb game. I love the sport so to finally get a boxing game worth playing is a huge bonus!

PP said...

Not a great result really.

I'm only marginally disappointed because your team was stolen (well bought) from my side (Ipswich). If we still had HH/Bent/Bent/Ambrose/Holland we'd be in better shape than we are at the moment.

Are you going to post your handle so you we can rail you?

PP said...

D'oh. Just found it.

Amatay said...

Im a hammer m8. We have still got a chance. How do you do the jazzy WOMBOL POKER title on your blog?

Wombol said...

Big win for you guys at the weekend, think its gonna be very very close and I hope we can both drag Sheffield U and Wigan into trouble and both stay up!

Went to www.cooltext.com to make the snazzy title then you need to upload it somewhere so I set up a www.tripod.com account. If you then right click on my page a 'view source' you can scroll down the html until you see the HEADER section and you will see the code needed to insert it in the title, just a case of editing that in Blogger then.

Took me like a frickin hour to sort it out though as am defo not a clever techy kinda guy!

Wombol

Amatay said...

Cheers Wombol, n1. I hope both ourselves and Charlton stay up too. I think Sheff Utd will get out of it thou. Fulham aint safe yet on 36 points with difficult matches remaining

Amatay said...

Hey Wombol im almost there. What do i need to do once i go 2 tripod. How do i upload? Thx

Wombol said...

once you've got an account and are logged on there should be an option called Web FTP, click on this, upload the pic and remember the URL.

Then when you change the html make sure that the full URL is used, so my full URL is

http://members.lycos.co.uk/wombolpoker/wombollogo.jpg

then hopefully it should be displayed at the top of your blog.

If the logo is cut off or looks like its on a loop ie. Wombol Poker Wom then you need to change the following piece of code, again in the HEADER section,

#header-wrapper {
width:535px;
}

Just play with the width until it fits.

hope that helps
Wombol

Amatay said...

ty