play online poker

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Its Chemo time!!

Right, so I have finally been given my Chemo schedule and there seems to be no hanging about, I kick off on Tuesday 9th April!! Jesus, I think its finally sinking in, its taken a while but the time has come. Technically I should be sunning myself in the Maldives right about now but I had to cancel that holiday to get cracking with the Chemo, great, I know where I would rather be!!

I need to have 5 cycles of chemo, and each cycle is 3 weeks in duration. So what that breaks down to is;

Week 1: 5 days continuous chemo using a rotation of 3 drugs, so Monday through Friday staying in the Oncology ward

Week 2: 1 day of treatment using 1 particular drug in the Oncology Ward

Week 3: 1 day of treatment using 1 particular drug in the Oncology Ward

So overall I will be having treatment for 7 days of every 21, the remaining time I will be at home, playing poker as a rookie pro, on the PS3 or snoozing!
Things I need to do in the meantime are;

  • See the fam this weekend
  • Shave my head on Monday
  • Get fricking Netteller to deposit some money into my account
  • Have a party of some kind
  • Go buy a few tracksuits to stay comfy and pretend to be such a massive high roller that dressing well is below me!
  • Work out a poker plan of action ie. Cash games vs tornies
  • Send in a massive book order to Amazon
  • Sort out any other loose ends and keep smiling!

I think thats about it. I won’t be able to post anything between Tuesday and Saturday of next week so readers please don’t all disappear on me!! ...tell you what would be awesome, and thats having wireless in the oncology ward so I could log on!!

Righty-ho, unsurprisingly I feel like a stiff drink...

Wombol

13 comments:

Dave said...

dont think iv left a comment on your blog before, really cant remember,but jus droppng by to wish u all the best. i noticed you play cash, i was wondering what network?

Wombol said...

Hey Dave,
thanks for the message, have linked you up as well.
Currently playing on Blue sq at the mo but am thinking of switching to another site that offers better bonuses. Maybe Full Tilt but they are still so US focussed the tornie timings are all weird.
Where do you play?
Wombol

Amatay said...

Hey Wombol, nice blog. Wanna do a link swap?

Short-Stacked Shamus said...

Sounds like a good plan, man. If you have any trouble with the last one (keeping smiling), just look at amatay's avatar . . . :)

Finished Yardley's book last week & wrote about it. Good stuff.

Wombol said...

Hi Shamas,
Thanks for the comment. Looking forward to Yardly. Just finished ' Big Deal' so will crack on with that soon. I heard somewhere that Holden was writing 'A bigger deal'! interesting!
Anyway take it easy and I'll be popping by to read your review.
Cheers
Wombol

Wombol said...

Amatay,

Hilarious blog!

I've linked you up dude and sorry to hear about the regretable lady and the big nasty!!

Link me up to if you don't mind and will defo b reading more soon.

cheers
Wombol

Dave said...

i play on the crypto sites,UKbetting, littewoods caribbean sun, pokerplex,hills, interpoker. Very easy bonuses,an plenty of poor players,i can clear about £800 in bonuses in an average month,highly recommend it.gd luck

Littleacornman said...

Hi Wombol,found you via Yorkshire pud and enjoyed reading your stuff.( I'll add your link to my blog)

All the best with the chemo this week and keep up the good work.

Wombol said...

Hi Acornman,
Thanks for the well wishes. Have added you to my links as well and will pop by soon for a read.
Run well
Wombol

Small Stakes Poker said...

Hey up mate, gl with the Chemo.
Paul

Small Stakes Poker said...

Hey up mate, gl with the Chemo.
Paul

Small Stakes Poker said...

oops it froze, didnt mean to post twice. Sorry :)
would delete it but then people get all curious what deleted comment is .

Wombol said...

Thanks Paul, all starts today. Funny thing is, the only thing I'm worried about is the Oncology ward not having wireless!!
Should really sort out my priorities!!
Wombol