play online poker

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Back at last!

Well, what was probably the longest week of my life is now over. Five days of chemo down and i'm off until Tuesday when I need to go back in for another blast.

I've been trying to think of the best way to describe what chemo feels like, for me its like having a nasty hang over coupled with some food poisoning. Your whole body feels it, and its impossible to escape. You can taste metal constantly and the smell of food makes you feel sick. Given all that though your mind almost comes to accept the way you feel and you go into some weird insular place where everything is trance like or a little surreal. Your conversations are slowed and you just feel super chilled because you just can't do anything about the way you feel. It was tough, but I've got one of the 5 day stints out the way now!

Feeling a bit grotty at the moment, so am probably gonna rest up for the rest of the day and check back in tomorrow. Hopefully with some happy news from Neteller!! As I need poker!!

Thanks for reading all

Wombol

4 comments:

Wildcat said...

Ouch, that sounds nasty! Still, keep your spirits up and you'll get through it, we're all thinking of you!

I'm going to try to use you as inspiration later tonight, got a wsop main event to try to get through ;)

All the best.

Nick.

Wombol said...

Thanks wildcat. think i might finally get some poker action tomorrow so looking forward to that, been keeping me going!!

Hope you get through the wsop event tonight, is this to qualify?

thanks again for the support, helps me keep my eyes on the prize...July 23rd, end of chemo, woo hoo!

Wombol

GWC said...

You gonna try make the "britblogger" game on Pokerstars tonight?
Be nice to see you there..

Anonymous said...

dude, been thinking of you. i have no idea what these weird poker terms mean but they sound cool! ten-four, don't leave the flop hanging on the river or the deuces will come and bite you on the ante. seriously.