play online poker

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Always running into Aces!

Anyone else have the same problem as me?! Or is it just me...it can't be everyone as someone has to have those aces that always bust me when I try and make a move.

Played the $5+0.50c today and was rolling along nicely, taking my time, no connection issues. Was an low to average stack and decided it was time to make a move to push deeper into the tornie. Flopped top pair, top kicker and was heads up. The other guy, a massive stack, checked, i took it as a sign of weakness as he only called a small raise from me pre-flop, I'm all in, he calls...what do you think he has...those dreaded aces. BUSTED!! 34th out of 104 runners so way better then the 7 shamble hands of Monday! Still no return though!

10 minutes later I decide to play a quick SNG before lunch, 2 quick exits and already my starting stack is the smallest at the table, not because I had spunked any of it off but 3000 chips got shared around ever other player left! I have A/K and raise pre flop, one caller, flop a king, all in...oh its those Aces again, I'm out in 7th!

Other then that had mixed fortunes in the cash games, managed to pick up aces and win a decent pot for once but really was pretty card dead. No massive changes roll wise today, really would like a hot streak just to boost things up and get the ball rolling to move up a level, at this rate it could take a while though!

Also, decided to check my rake back today, there was never going to be much there but just though it was worth checking in to make sure everything was working. I signed up through Rake the Rake as I had seen them advertise in Poker Player Mag here in the UK. Anyway, unsurprisingly given my run of luck, the account was never completed!! I few emails later though and they assure me that everything will be rectified and I will get full credit on all past transaction!! I bloody hope so!! So as it has been, life in Wombol world is never as straight forward as it seems!!

I just wanted to leave you with one hand I caught today, didn't exactly milk my opponent but I haven't flopped quads for AGES and was so happy with it I feel the need to share!!


Full Tilt Poker Game #2234029789: $5 + $0.50 Tournament (16781106)
Table 9 - 80/160 - No Limit Hold'em - 6:55:47 ET - 2007/04/18
Seat 1: Wombol (2,140)
Seat 2: ggrammer (5,950)
Seat 3: perlbot (755)
Seat 5: prodigio20 (6,890)
Seat 6: meltpot (5,015)
Seat 7: MNavarro87 (890)
Seat 8: old matt (4,020)
Seat 9: ississ (10,145)
old matt posts the small blind of 80
ississ posts the big blind of 160
The button is in seat #7
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Wombol [Jc Jd]
meltpot: guess his luck fell out the third time
Wombol calls 160
ggrammer folds
perlbot folds
prodigio20 folds
meltpot folds
MNavarro87 folds
old matt foldsississ checks
*** FLOP ***
[Jh Ad Js]
ississ checks
Wombol checks
*** TURN ***
[Jh Ad Js]
[7s]ississ checks
Wombol checks
*** RIVER ***
[Jh Ad Js 7s] [5d]
ississ checks
Wombol bets 300
ississ folds
Uncalled bet of 300 returned to Wombol
Wombol mucks
Wombol wins the pot (400)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 400 Rake 0Board: [Jh Ad Js 7s 5d]
Seat 1: Wombol collected (400), mucked
Seat 2: ggrammer didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: perlbot didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: prodigio20 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: meltpot didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: MNavarro87 (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: old matt (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 9: ississ (big blind) folded on the River

So there we have it, mighty quads for 400 chips!!

Wombol

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice play. I found the hand is easier to follow like this:

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/2337

You can embed the visual right in your posts so that it's easier to understand.

Anonymous said...

My problem is not that...people calls me PF with trash and suck me out! Its insane...and the AA issue i get often...I have 99 raise...flop: A92...rainbow. I raise..get RR...and i go allin! what BS...he has AAA!

Also these insane beats...get the best of me when im ahead by weird shady players who look like they know they will win even if they know they are behind.

I have this creepy feeling people can predict the flops before the flop is actually DEALT!

Good Luck...cause we need it.Were not part of the scheme

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

hello wombolpoker.blogspot.com admin found your website via search engine but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found website which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your blog http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my blog. Hope this helps :) They offer best services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com