play online poker

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Where is the passion going?!

Hello all,

I'm back from chemo. Nasty week but am feeling better now which is a relief!

This is going to be a short post as I've been up since 3:30am for no apparent reason!

I think I'm losing my passion for poker!! I don't know why, I don't know where its going but its going somewhere!!

Some friends dropped by while i was in hospital and very kindly brought me some poker mags, and even got some poker goodies but in all honesty they were just left on the side and hardly touched. Not once did I feel like opening Inside Poker or Poker Player Mag and catching up on news or strategy. My desire just vanished!

DOES ANYONE ELSE EVER FEEL LIKE THIS!

I haven't booted up Full Tilt since I have got home and I was actually (in my head!) working out everything I could buy with my bankroll! This is not good.

I don't know what else to say at the moment, a little bemused. Is it a phase, will it pass, or has poker kicked me to the curb and thats my lot...I just don't know!

Wombol

4 comments:

GWC said...

Yer, I go thru stages like this every so often. I feel its good for your overall game to take a break once in a while and come back refreshed.
You're also going thru some heavy stuff at the mo' too so that may have something to do with the way you feel.
I'm sure you'll be back at the tables soon. Good luck!

Amatay said...

I've been feeling like this for over a month now mate. I really struggle to find the motivation to log on. Like Cad said its prob just a stage, gl

KarmaExpress said...

I've been playing for three years and haven't felt like that ever i think!
Wow, hope you get it back! Btw, super cool feature, the final table thingy...

/Tx4theMoney

DrunkenMonk said...

I'm with Cad and Amatay on this one. Once poker starts pissing you off you should leave it for a bit. Otherwise you'll end up tilting off your stack like I usually do and you will hate it even more then!
Best of luck to you mate!
When you hit the tables again,
Make sure you Rince those bitches!!!