play online poker

Monday, May 14, 2007

Having a Flutter!!

So, it was the last day of the Premiership season yesterday and even though my beloved Charlton were already down it was still gonna be a great day of action and heartbreak for some teams. So given the excitement I thought I'd have a little flutter and make it all the more interesting.

Now I haven't' had a bet for a while now but do enjoy putting some money down, not loads, maybe a tenner or something, just enough for a bit of fun. So there I was looking at the fixtures and thought I'd play all 10 fixtures on Sunday and looking at them I thought Id go for Doubles all through so 45 bets in total.

Here were my picks for the day;

Blackburn vs Reading - Blackburn Win
Bolton vs Villa - Draw
Chelsea vs Everton - Chelsea Win
Liverpool vs Charlton - Liverpool Win
Man Unt vs West Ham - Man Unt Win
Middlesbro vs Fulham - Draw
Pompey vs Arsenal - Arsenal Win
Sheff Unt Vs Wigan - Draw
Spurs vs Man City - Spurs Win
Watford vs Newcastle - Newcastle Win

Clearly my bets must have leaked to all the clubs bar 2 involved in the last games of the season as it went catastrophically wrong!!

I don't think there was 1 point throughout the entire afternoon that if you had stopped the games there and then I would have had more than 3 results right!!

Oh well, I raked in £1.12 thanks to the 2 games i did call correctly!! So I'll try not to spend it all at once! Was fun though and will defo be placing a few more wagers next season :)

Am also haggling over a Charlton season ticket at the moment, I'm wondering what the revised prices will be so if its only a few hundred quid I'll get a pair for the misses and I. Could be good fun and I only live 2 stops away from the Valley so if I'm to call myself a real fan I really ought to go more!

Wombol

2 comments:

Amatay said...

Its a shame Charlton went down mate, i dont mind Charlton. You have a good manager there though in Pardew who done great at West Ham. He's experience promotion with both the hammers and Reading so i'll reckon your have a great chance of bouncing back str8 away, gl.

Yorkshire Pudding said...

I've heard that if you buy a season ticket this year for Charlton and they go up immediately they'll give a free season ticket when you're in the Premiership. If that's true it's a great time to buy one.

Shame the shower of shit I support never think of anything like that. I'm a Leeds fan BTW!